These are our provisional arrangements for next year. We will write to parents and carers individually when we have further confirmation from the City of London.
All children are eligible for 15 hours of free childcare from the start of the term after your child turns 3. This means a child born between:
· 1 September and 31 December is eligible from 1 January
· 1 January and 31 March is eligible from 1 April
· 1 April and 31 August is eligible from 1 September
You may also be eligible to apply for an additional 15 hours of childcare, taking the total to 30 hours of free childcare per week.
Am I eligible?
· You, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £120 a week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage).
· If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
· If you, or your partner, expect to earn £100,000 or more a year then you will not be eligible for the 30 hours free childcare.
How can these additional hours be taken?
The way the school operates full time and part time places remains in place. If eligible, your additional free hours may be taken in addition to your part time place meaning that your child will be in our Nursery from 8.55am to 3.15pm every day. This is offered for 38 weeks of the school year (term time only).
If you wish for your child to attend breakfast club, tea club and holiday club these will be chargeable extras. If, during the course of the year, your child is absent from school for any reason you will not be refunded for the hours your child missed (due to holding the place for the child).
Parents who are not eligible for the 30 hours free childcare will continue to be entitled to 15 hours free per week, as is currently available. You can top up this childcare by paying additional childcare fees.
When do I stop claiming?
The City of London and Sir John Cass’s Foundation Primary School already offer free childcare for 30 hours from the term of your child’s 4th birthday. At this point you will no longer be eligible to claim.
Ms Alex Allan
Deputy Headteacher and Head of Children’s Centre