What we help with
- The usual types of issues that the parent-toddler group can help with include:
- Trouble sleeping or eating
- Difficulties communicating and playing
- Finding it hard to share at home or when out
- Feeling isolated, frustrated or angry
- Worried about your relationship with your toddler
- Difficulty separating
- Developmental delays or concerns
How we help
You will meet with a member of the Anna Freud Under 5’s team who will discuss the parent toddler group with you and see if you would like to attend. The small informal parent toddler group will meet weekly for one and a half hours from January 2017 to January 2018. We ask parents and carers to try to commit to coming to the parent toddler group for one year.
There will be 8-10 children in the group with their carers all living in the local area. Parents and carers can get advice and support from experienced professionals.
We aim to build your relationship and support your toddler’s development through talk and play.
We think together about your child’s feelings and behaviour, try to understand what she/he is communicating and explore ways of responding.
We aim to encourage your child’s self-confidence and independence in preparation for nursery school.
What parents say
"A regular place to come with continuity, focus and respect for the children and the importance of the parents' relationships with them. Skillful and informed help from the group's leader and assistant. Thank you very much, my son and I have loved the group".
- Parent who attended a Parent-Toddler Group