Welcome back! It is my pleasure to be writing to you in what is my first letter as Headteacher of Sir John Cass’s Foundation VA Primary School. I am very excited to be leading our great school into the next phase of its development.
My thanks to those parents, carers, governors and members of the local community who were able to join us today in St Botolph’s for my installation service. I look forward to serving the school as best I can to continue its fine traditions and deliver an exceptional education for every child. I also look forward to meeting you over the coming weeks and months, learning more about your children and working together with all parents and friends in this vibrant community.
All the staff have been working hard during the first two days of September to organise their rooms and plan the programme for the year ahead. We were very pleased to welcome back many of our children today- safe, sound and ready for work after their summer holidays.
The purpose of this letter is to draw your attention to a few important matters.
- You are warmly invited to meet your child’s class teacher and learn more about the routines in class for the year ahead on Monday 8th September, 2014 at 9am.
- The school administrative team have been moved to one location during the summer holidays. There is now no separate reception/office in the Cass Child and Family Centre. All questions, enquiries, dinner money and letters should be sent to the main school office. You should also use the main school telephone number to get in touch if you need to: 0207 283 1147.
- You have been sent two forms today. A data collection form about your personal details and a form which enables you to give permission for different activities which take place in school such as local outings. Please fill them promptly and return to your child’s class teacher via the book bag or to the school office by Monday 8th September, 2014.
- We are moving over to a new system for dinner money and an online payment system for all school fees and charges. This will take some time to implement. We ask that you do not send any money to the office until Monday 8th September, 2014 by which time we hope to have some of the systems up and running smoothly. We will keep you posted!
- Our website – www.sirjohncassprimary.org – has been updated over the summer holidays. We are currently working on a separate website for children to access. Please take a look and let us know what you think by using the comment facility online.
I look forward to working in partnership with you and wish you and your children all the very best for the term ahead. Should you wish to talk with me about any matter, please don’t hesitate to see me in the playground or make an appointment at the school office.
Mr T Wilson